Unsportsmanlike Competition

• Please excuse the first word of the title, but I could not think of an appropriate alternative.

In RN utopia, competition is I do my best, you do your best, and may the best combo of money, time, knowledge, and teamwork win. However competition can and will be, I take a portion of my resources and dedicate them to disrupting your game play.

Has 3.5 and how it’s being enforced today made it against the rules to play unsportsmanlike?

• There should be. In the EG, players should have their trains restricted to the region of their home city. Our EG on COM-202 is being ruined for us once again, because a particular player simply hauls everything except what is called, just to drive up the wait times on us.

Why do players get enjoyment out of screwing over others?

I'm just about ready to quit this game because it happens every single round.

• The topic has already been covered in many threads.

Unfortunately, the forum was treated as the fifth wheel of a cart - so there is no admin here who would watch over such matters, so that there would not be a dozen threads on the same topic.

Like everything in this game and the forum has gone to the dogs.

In a moment, the same thing will happen for Discord with this approach to players.

and the problem 3.5 is reportedly analyzed by the "company" ... for the fifth month now and nothing comes of it, only the inequality of incentives for individual players, but in the logs everything agree ! :-D

• Steve, there are some people in this game, proportional to Real Life, who cannot be happy themselves unless they are making others unhappy.

Don't let these individuals ruin the game for you. We all have them, whatever the server. It sometimes feels, to me that the RN approach of laissez-faire is actually a promotion of unsportsmanlike behaviour. But, I do believe that Travian are recently actually trying to make adjustments to the rules and to the game mechanics to level the playing field. I have seen some very good players quit this game over the years due to this problem. Indeed, I have myself quit 3 times, but, there is so much potential in the game that i have returned each time, eventually.

It is the people in my team who keep me coming back. :) I also love the co-operation and the team spirit it can generate.

Personally, I feel sorry for those who get their kicks out of spoiling the game for the majority of players. They are missing out on a lot more than they can ever begin to imagine. :)

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Has 3.5 and how it’s being enforced today made it against the rules to play unsportsmanlike?

The answer to your question has to be yes but the question remained as to what that meant as people were defining it in all sorts of ways including "not playing like me". Mihai went to a lot of trouble and abuse from other players earlier this year to get RN to define their terms. If your question is asking if that is a good thing only time will tell. I suspect the answer is no but then I know that some players might describe me under that heading because I often free haul so perhaps I'm biased. But then there is no unbiased answer to this question.

• I know that some players might describe me under that heading because I often free haul so perhaps I'm biased. But then there is no unbiased answer to this question.

I don't mind if someone or multiple people are free-hauling during the 6 eras. My objection is during End Game. That is a competition between cities. Doing stuff to deliberately screw up another city to help yours to me is wrong and should not be allowed. Haul in your own region only during EG. My opinion.