PP from Warehouses/Harbours in SoE

• So usually when there are new rules to the game, of course I have an opinion but I mostly agree to the rules are the rules. You just have to play by them in the best manner you can.

However the changes to gives PP for delivering to the Warehouse/Harbours on SoE maps, I think its really out of hand. (And there is no point for picking up from it, which is kind of the idea one would think.)

Harbours /Warehouses are a good addition to the map, and I can understand that those who level it should get some compensation from it. But I want to explain this by using examples of the current number 1 on the server I play. (We are in Day4/5 of Era 6, so soon just 3 days to go + EG)

PP in total: 722000

PP in Transports total: 512000

PP from Warehouse/Harbours: 259000

So more than 50% of Transport PP comes from just hauling to different Warehouses/Harbours. More than 33% of total PP comes from Warehouse/harbours.

So RailNation was this your intention by bringing in PP for hauling to Warehouses/Harbours? Cause if so, like I started we just have to adapt to the rules, and then the map will be all about hauling to different Warehouses/Harbours in the future.

• I also don't agree with this new prestige-system.

Here you can see an extreme example of someone at the end of era 6.

66% prestige are from Warehouse/Harbour.

I'm not sure if this was the intention, but I don't think it was.

It requires no skill to drive like that. You just have to set your schedules once and that's it.

The goods never change, so the schedules never change.

• There has been a discussion on the Rn Discord (in suggestion channel) about it with the Game Designer Bruno_Bf, he's aware of this too much amount of prestige these warehouses bring and plan to nerf the value. A player has proposed that the prestige given can be maintained if this is not more than the half of the amount a city can give. But still no idea when this will be changed.

• There has been a discussion on the Rn Discord (in suggestion channel) about it with the Game Designer Bruno_Bf, he's aware of this too much amount of prestige these warehouses bring and plan to nerf the value. A player has proposed that the prestige given can be maintained if this is not more than the half of the amount a city can give. But still no idea when this will be changed.

Thanks a lot Yansi

Once again we was also promised that important stuff like this was not only to be informed about in Discord, but also here in the forum. English section of Forum seems to have died completely. Although that is a totally other dscussion.

But I agree to the proposition, that it should be impossible/or at least extremely hard to get more than 50% PP from Harbour/Warehouse than what you get from City/LM.

• Once again we was also promised that important stuff like this was not only to be informed about in Discord, but also here in the forum. English section of Forum seems to have died completely. Although that is a totally other dscussion.

This is in this case my fault. Since I was on vacation I didn't get the info until now and wasn't able to transport it to the forum in time. Thanks Yansi for stepping in :)

Die Räder meines Zuges drehen sich langsam aber stetig.

Wettschulden sind Ehrenschulden, aktueller Kochbuchcounter: 14 Gerichte!

• It's not your fault. That nobody of RN assigned a replacement for you during your vacation is the fault.

Or did you just run off unannounced at RN-HQ?

Haha no I didn't run of unannounced and neWw was also here while I am gone, but sometimes there's a lot going on and things can be overlooked or missed or sometimes forgotten if there's too much to do.

• Why not just stop trains hauling directly between harbours/warehouses? That's the basic problem, minimal effort for lots of reward (either PP or cash).

• Direct hauling is still a gameplay mechanic that is needed and used. We can't simply get rid of a mechanic. We rather tweak the outcome.

• I agree with Earl on the issue of PP earned from transportation between HB / WH.

In a game server where the objective is to develop the cities and the MLs, the inordinate amount of PP coming from other sources unbalances the system and will cause people to stop working on those objectives and in the end people are rewarded too much that does not contribute to the general objectives of the region / city.

• I agree with Earl on the issue of PP earned from transportation between HB / WH.

In a game server where the objective is to develop the cities and the MLs, the inordinate amount of PP coming from other sources unbalances the system and will cause people to stop working on those objectives and in the end people are rewarded too much that does not contribute to the general objectives of the region / city.

I think the game is purposely designed to create conflict between players for the temptation to sell micro transactions.

• I think the game is purposely designed to create conflict between players for the temptation to sell micro transactions.

RN is a competetive game, but the competetive part is not designed to simply sell stuff. It is designed because we developed this game with a competetive playstyle in mind.

• RN is a competetive game, but the competetive part is not designed to simply sell stuff. It is designed because we developed this game with a competetive playstyle in mind.

I definately think so. And I also see those who feel that the Warehouse/Harbours should give some PP. But what creates the disorder here is the following:

Anytime you level a city (Except from level 1 to level 2) you get PP from the outgoing RG, plus you get from all 4 RGs during the night.

This means in reality on a 2x server, that you get 4x42 PP rewards from "night update" + 1x? PP rewards from the number of times you levelled the city. Lets say in this instance you can bring the city up to level 41, then you get 40 of those PP rewards. In total for city levelling it will give you 208 PP rewards.

For the Landmark on SoE most cities follow the 1:1 "rule" on how to level it. Sometimes some cities divert from this rule, and still bring it successfully up to level 15, but mostly not. This means that the LM gives you 3 PP reward for level 1->2 , 4 PP rewards for level 2->3 and so on. Totally it rewards you then a 133 times (and you can add some more times if you let the city level a bit faster, but I think you get the idea)

However the Warehouse/Harbour, you usually don't level them much or anything at all early in the game. So you let them stay at a very low level in the beginning, because they are not needed. Then later in thegame, they give insanse rewards. I think I saw the level reach about 35 (or maybe even it was 40) but most of those levels where done after more than 20 goods where unlocked. Later both 30 and 40 goods where unlocked. So lets say the average amount of goods that was unlocked for each level was 25 (but I guess it was higher), then it means the Warehouse gave out 25*35 = 875 PP rewards. Now even if the highest PP reward is much greater for city and LM, all experience of RN so far is that diversity outranks just getting that one 1st place all the time. So when just looking at 1 city, 1 LM and 1 Warehouse it shows that the Warehouse is worth 4 times as much as a city and 6,5 times as much as a LM.

This is what I meant, it can't truly be the meaning of the game?

Restrict whenever a Warehouse levels, that you only get points for the 4 best RGs you delivered for each level up. Not that you can get 20,30 or even 40 PP rewards for each level up.