New Arkheim advert sucks

• The old advert for Arkheim was unduly long, if you can't get your message across in under 30s then it's not a good ad.

It did however seem to show the actual game.

The new one lasts a full minute, has a silly voice-over and I would bet good money shows nothing like actual gameplay. If anything I am less likely to investigate the game than before.

• I know! If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all but sometimes you just have to complain. I agree that video is way too long and does NOT do anything to spark my interest in the game. And while I am at it, how about some new videos. Same ones over and over and over and over again. You get the idea. Thanks for listening.

• I already forwarded the feedback. There might be a chance that we maybe implement the old fallback.
    But we won't create an entirely new ad, that would cost too much time and money.

Die Räder meines Zuges drehen sich langsam aber stetig.

Wettschulden sind Ehrenschulden, aktueller Kochbuchcounter: 15 Gerichte!

• I think now we are forced to watch the videos for the pollux adds of 30 sec will be the max length. The app is also set at 30 seconds. It's a total loss of playtime the forced adds

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• I already forwarded the feedback. There might be a chance that we maybe implement the old fallback.
    But we won't create an entirely new ad, that would cost too much time and money.

I can not believe it

it must be possible, to install a "skip-up"-funktion after 10 or 15 seconds

FF, windows 10 (upgrade von 7)

RN ist laut Eigenwerbung kostenlos

ich investiere kein reales Geld in Gold, Bonusloks, +acc etc

• The official answer to the waste of time by watching the ads is that they are optional.

Sure, if I want to voluntarily play at a disadvantage to other players, upgrading the bollux is optional. So is playing the game at all, and so is spending real money on gold, which RN should take note of. If you annoy too many players so they quit playing, you lose income.

I note that the US server I play on (Broadway) has had quite a noticeable drop in numbers in the last few rounds.

• But we won't create an entirely new ad, that would cost too much time and money.

Why was a new advert made that runs to 1 minute?

This was agreed long, long ago that adverts would be kept to a maximum of 30 seconds, preferably less.

It's a bit stunning that a "new" advert has been made, which is 1 minute long, looks like it's running in slow motion and probably bears little or no resemblance to the actual game it's supposed to be promoting.

This is not new ground, it was discussed about 6 months after the adverts were first introduced that a reasonable limit on adverts would be 30seconds.

It was also noted that the shorter the adverts were the more likely people might actually watch them! ;)

• Why was a new advert made that runs to 1 minute?

This is a question only the Arkheim marketing team can answer,
    I don't know what the intention and goals behind these adverts where.

Die Räder meines Zuges drehen sich langsam aber stetig.

Wettschulden sind Ehrenschulden, aktueller Kochbuchcounter: 15 Gerichte!

• One of the best adverts I have ever seen, and never forgotten was approximately 10 seconds long. A Grouse struts across the screen. Poses for a second and a bottle of Famous Grouse whiskey appears. Job done. Only whiskey I ever drink since then, so effective! Perhaps the Arkhiem advertising team should go and view these ads on Youtube. I am betting it is one of the cheapest adverts ever made too.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Marre, raz le bol ^^ également de cette pub "arkeim" qui dure beaucoup trop longtemps: inutile car pas d'impact publicitaire ,effet inverse plutôt....De mon coté j'avais posté aussi un message sur cette pub, peut etre qu'a a l'usure cela va bouger, ou du moins mettre un bouton de saut comme dans certaines pub...ou en cliquant dessus comme pour "dell" on eput la passer....il y a des solutions pourtant.. A RN de choisir ses partenaires en fonction des joueurs aussi arretez de jouer avec notre patience ^^

• Yes, it would be interesting to hear from the Arkheim Marketing Team about their intentions when planning this ad. Judging comed in various languages: too long, no skip possible, slow motion to motivate for an action game .... what I like to add: all Travian ads come with the same psychological tactics: The product is the hero.

This adds to the boringness of fallback videos. There were ads with more humor in the past, like the Kingdom ad, that started at a bus station ...

And I agree: a one minute ad that is started after the video pool search, simply takes too much time keeping us away from what we are here for: playing. So the simple length keeps us away from - at the end - both of the games. The fallback videos of Travian have the big advantage of permanent repetition. To get all the advantages of the bonus machine, we will see those videos dozens of times per week. Shorter videos would probably create more motivation to try the other game.

But Maselbart told it: Only the Marketing Team knows their intention with this ad, and they do not post in the RN forum.

Frei nach Führungscoach Sandra von Oehsen. Zwei Fragen, die sich Unternehmen stellen sollten:

Was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen?

Und was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen, was sie gar nicht lernen sollen?

• While I agree, long adverts actually defeat the object, I have no problem with them on RN because I cannot watch them for medical reasons and I rather resent the addition of an engine which is a reward for watching. Yet another handicap for players who for whatever reason cannot view these videos. Not only is this game "Pay to win", but, it is also "Video watch your life away to win"!

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• make it shorter with skip, offer the old version. or kill it

just use your own skip button by using the X to stop the video and restart a new one. :rolleyes: in most cases the new one will be a shorter one. Just use your own creativity to work around the things which are bothering you.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress