Many ways to win

• Many ways to win! Play the game your way!

This is such a laudable goal, but, as of now, it is most definitely not reality, at least not on some servers.

I appreciate that RN has introduced anti bullying rules. Sadly they failed, on at least one occasion recently to implement these rules on one of their servers. The bullying was blatantly obvious to everyone including those not involved in the appalling fracas which RN permitted to continue.

On the server I have been playing since well before it became a x2 server it has become a home for one style of play and one way to win, exclusively. Players are leaving the server after years, and after the end of last round the majority of players of at least 4 associations have left together.

My association and another have gone to a regular server. I cannot comment on the others.

So, we are still playing, just, but, not anywhere near the way we like or want to play and have played together for years. Our playing time has been effectively halved. It was that or quit playing completely. I am sure this is not what RN wants for this game.

I have no problem with players who play for individual prestige, but it is not acceptable when they destroy other people's game, completely.

To outline the problem, though I am sure RN is fully aware of it:-

The majority of players work for 6 or 12 weeks to develop one city with the intent to get "their" city into the top ten and perhaps even win the End Game.

To do this they foster good relationships in their own association, with the other team or teams in the city and with the teams in the surrounding cities. Watchwords are Friendship, Co-operation, Teamwork and Diplomacy.

However, some players choose to form associations of Free Haulers and generally speaking they work alongside the City teams, join them for the end game and help with city development to some extent. They are part of the "Team City" from the start even if they play mostly outside the city.

However, some (few) Free haulers do not help with city development, in fact, if it means prestige points they often do not hesitate to harm. Come the end game, after putting nothing into a city, they move in and take over leaving the players with weeks of work and enthusiasm, commarady and planning pushed aside. Effectively, their whole preparation time is set to nought and apparently this is OK because "nobody owns a city".

So, teams fret and worry about where to play the next round to try to avoid the aggressive players and they worry for the entire round in case they are to be the target this time. For some players this becomes too stressful and they leave. When it gets the point where it is too stressful for whole teams who have played together for years there is one big problem. Games are supposed to be FUN.

RN, please look to your rules and/or the way prestige is distributed. If the strategy outlined above is OK then make sure it is known to everyone in the rules (something along the lines of aggressive city takeover is permitted) and those who do not like it will quit the game because the whole point of the game, for them is co-operation, team building and diplomacy - "Team City" . Or make it known that it crosses the line into bullying and destroys the game for the majority.

(Please note, I am referring here to Classic servers.)

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Agreed. And I've run across players who will move to a rival city for end game just to run goods that are not the current "call" and thus ruin hauling times for the folks who have worked for 12 weeks to get to the top 10. There should be a rule against jumping cities for end game without the approval of the city leaders.

• Agreed. And I've run across players who will move to a rival city for end game just to run goods that are not the current "call" and thus ruin hauling times for the folks who have worked for 12 weeks to get to the top 10. There should be a rule against jumping cities for end game without the approval of the city leaders.

I get the feeling, I hope I am wrong, that RN will not address this issue and hides behind "many ways to play" because the players who play aggressively (I use this word advisedly over assertively), rightly or wrongly are perceived to be the big real money spenders.

But, if one small group of players are permitted, for whatever reason, to "play the game their way" and in so doing destroy the game for the majority who also want to "play the game their way" and who do it in a peaceful, friendly and co-operative manner, then in the long term, the game will deteriorate and players will leave.

As it is, if a large number of players leave a X2 server and go to a regular one then the potential revenue from these players is effectively halved as many players choose to play one server and play it well, in my experience. But, some do not move, they leave.

RN, please, find a solution to this.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)