[forum contest] Poor William!

• Place 1st plank across any outside corner (ie one end on north and other end on east). Then place 2nd plank with one end on the center of 1st plank and other end on island.

yort COMO5 Cylinder Head (Express)

• One plank diagonally across a corner.
    The other from the center of the first plank to the corner of the island.

Done.

Olorin_se, Firebox

• William has to create letter T from both boards. The leg of the letter should be on top. Then, by holding the leg of letter T use it in the corner of the river. This way he can escape.
    Sorry for my english, hope it's readable ;)

• William has to create letter T from both boards. The leg of the letter should be on top. Then, by holding the leg of letter T use it in the corner of the river. This way he can escape.
    Sorry for my english, hope it's readable ;)

nick: Majka Majka
    COM201 Big Ben

• you connect one plank transversal in the corners of the land and with 2nd plank you reach the corner of the island. (like a T)

Sujoninu COM202 Loch Ness

• Nickname: Monka123 server US01 Crankshaft

• I believe the answer being sought is that one plank spans the outside corner of the outer shore, while the second plank extends from the island's corner out to the other plank.

However, your description and the picture do not match. You expressly state that these two planks are "at his disposal". Since he is on the island, this must mean that the planks are also on his island. There is no way that he can get the planks into the positions described above without him swimming across!

Unless perhaps he has nails and a hammer, or twine, or some other method to attach the two planks rigidly together into a T-shape, and then float this T across. But you gave no indication that he has a way to attach the planks.

The picture implies that William is wearing long pants, so I suggest an alternative: shove one plank up each pants leg, and use them as stilts to walk across.

My username is MrTree, playing on COM05 Cylinder Head

• william can use one plank to slowly place the other plank across the corner side of the shore. Then from the middle of that plank lay the other plank in the center of the plank in the corner to the island he is on making a T shaped walking path to the shore. Splatty on US01 Crankshaft

• Put one of the planks diagonally on 2 edges of the land and the other plank from the middle of the plank to the island, forming a t shape.

Gissmmo
    COM202 Loch Ness

• This time I will reply with ID info: Scarlet Spike
    COM101 Rocky Mountains

Place first boar at 45 degree angle across outside mainland corner.
    Place second board from corresponding island corner across to midpoint of previously laid board.

Take island girl across board to nearest wifi cafe and log her onto RN.