Interesting new mode! I like to see some changes
Yet, I sense a problem in your new endgame mechanics. I think, it is highly likely that the endgame will be... well... dull. Why do I think so?
1. Highest leveling city dictates tonnage of all cities in the endgame
which leads to
2. Every town trying to be first (which would be an interesting race *yay*)
3. A few days before the endgame, the general game situation will become less dynamic and might even get stuck. If the city on rank 1 is at level cap, no other city can reach rank 1 ever again. Gives me a bad feeling if I were a player in the city on rank 2.
which might lead to
4. Every player migrating to the city on rank 1
5. There'd be no competition in the endgame
Or it could turn out the completely other way: All cities try to stay on a low level so the needed tonnage for the endgame will stay low, too.
1. The tonnage depends on the active players, who are connected. The highest city is just a basis for the calculation. This is how I understand it. Lets say the 2nd city has only half of the connected players as the 1st city, then it has the half tonnage too.
2. Yes this is what I wanted for years already. Will be fun.
3. See point 1, and also why should they stop levelling, when they get additional PP for every new citylevel.
4. We will see
5. We will see