I am excited to announce that we made some changes to the team and can welcome some new employees in the Rail Nation team.
- First of all, we had a change in our QA team. Mollymauk left us a while ago, so we have been looking for a new member of the QA team. And we found her: Sabrina!
Sabrina is from Cologne and worked for a TV station before joining us. We are sure she will be a great addition to the team.
- Additionally, we’ve also been looking for an additional developer and we found just the right person. Sadly, due to the global Covid situation, he is still stuck in his home country and will join us early next year. So, we’ll delay his proper introduction until he can finally join us.
- Not only has the dev team got some new members, but also our Community Management team is going through some changes.
Our CM Team Lead Loekie sadly left the team and she will be replaced by Scyllo. Some of you might already know Scyllo. He is a Travian Games veteran and started out 7 years ago as a volunteer and then joined us as an employee, working in both Community Management and Customer Support. He managed French and German communities in Rail Nation and Travian Legends and will now lead the team of CMs for Rail Nation.
- The second change to the Community team concerns myself: I will be leaving my position as Community Communications Manager. In the last two years I got more and more involved in a variety of tasks concerning the vision, planning & strategy of the game, working a lot with our numbers and analytical tasks. Over time we noticed that it’s not feasible to handle both these roles at the same time, so I am switching to the newly created role of Product Manager for Rail Nation to allow me to fully focus on these tasks.
- But of course, my seat won’t stay empty! We’ve been looking for a successor to allow my switch for quite a while and I’m happy to say that we found the perfect match: Everyone, please welcome DippyNikki to the team! Nikki is British, has 10 years of experience under her belt and, as a special bonus, is a huge train fan!
For a while, Nikki and I will work together until she can take over completely. Given her experience and enthusiasm, I have no doubt she will be a fantastic successor!
- And, last but not least, we also recruited a few additional members to the support team who will focus on rule violations specifically, in order to help us dealing with reports about rule breakers more efficiently.